Wednesday 25 January 2012

I'm a little ecologic, but I must to be better

Well, I will answer the questionnaire required for this post:

1. People learn to be friendly to environment in all their formation spaces, from family to school or different social groups. Also, the workplace can be a good place for learn how to produce in a more sustainable way. But, overall, family is the first and main space for it. We have not to understand the “ecology” like a separated topic from “education”. Education creates conscience, and conscience includes the environmental conscience.

2. I must recognize I have only one recycle bin in the little flat where a live here in Santiago. There, we throw all: Food, tin cans, paper, little trash from floor, etc. I really must think a way of recycling my trash. Also, I usually throw all the things that I will not use anymore. Sometimes I save some things for “future recycling”, but always I forget it.

3. I usually take a bus to the University and the work. But, some days, I decided to walk from home (in town center) to JGM. It takes one hour approximately. I like to walk and, when I have energy and time, I prefer to do that. It is better for me and the environment.

3. I had never joint to an eco-organization or something like that. I like them, but I have known only a few of them and something in them makes me feel not very attracted. I knew some people from RengalentĂșn and JGM Recicla, but I never joint that groups. But I support them anyway. Oh, now I remember my school time, when I was 11 and I joint a group called “Brigada Verde” and we were guardians against the papers in the floor and the dirt classrooms. Jajaja.

4. I would like to have a sustainable and simple construction where I would can to work with a environmental study and action group, when I will be a psychologist. But I don’t want to constitute the typical “multi- disciplinarian professional team”; I want to work with housewifes or with old people, with young people, working men and women, etc. I want to democratize and popularize the environmental discourse, action and spirit.

5. I have economic led at home and I always wash my clothes and wears with cold water. All that behaviors help to reduce the carbon footstep. Well, and when I walk to the University, I’m helping to that to.

6. in Santiago, there are not much bicycle ways and much of the existing ones were designed too badly. Also, Santiago is full of plastic bags in all their markets. If we want to reduce the carbon footstep in Santiago, we must potentiate Metro, Bicycles and re-usable bags, for example.



3 comments:

  1. It's a good point to mention to Santiago, it lacks many spaces that serve to reduce our carbon footprint .... would be nice someday to have a city for enhanced care for our planet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Santiago is not the best city for recycle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that santiago doesn't help too much, and obviously, there aren't much space on the streets for people who wants to travel by bike.

    ReplyDelete