Friday 27 January 2012

Super Mario Anti-Stress


Well, in the 1st phone video, I told you about my “hobbie”, the music and my rock band. But, if I think it better, that is not only a hobbie for me; it is a real work and it is as important as the university and all the “standard” ways. 

Today, I will tell you about another hobbie, one that corresponds better to the meaning of hobbie; some activity I like and that helps me to fight stress. 



I love to play Super Mario. I don’t consider myself as a gamer or a geek, because I hardly ever play video games, except Mario. I usually play it at evening or weekends, when I need some break in different tasks or if I’m boring. I have emulators of some Nintendo consoles and there I load the games. I don`t spend much time on it, but I enjoy all that minutes. 

I didn’t play Mario when I was a child, because we didn’t have a Nintendo in home and computers were a little difficult to get in the middle of 90’s. But I saw friends playing it and I knew it. When I was older, maybe 15 or 16, one friend told me about emulators. I downloaded one with some games, including Super Mario World. That day my madness started.  

Mario has generated on me some strange ideas about life. In fact, I’m planning to write some document or article, or maybe a book, about the “Mario Bros Philosophy”.  Its psychedelic world, presence of strange substances –mushrooms or flowers, for example- that turn Mario bigger or stronger, the design and architecture of the scenarios, etc. It is very strange, but I like it and I consider it very attractive.

8 comments:

  1. Wahahahah! Mario Bross is the best game in the world, thank you Nintendo for this gif, amén.

    I hope you really write this book, or research or what ever, I want to write it xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. jajaja mario is fantastic I am not very godd at it but I like ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beating Bowser is a really nice way to express your tension :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ajaja, I had the Super Nintendo console, and I had this game: super mario all starts, I really enjoy play this game... since a lot of years from the last time that I palyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mario is great!
    i love play it because it remenbers me when i was a girl, besides with Mario there are hours of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought that super mario had disappeared, I believe that I have never have contact with this types of game, some people say to me that I have lost the half of my life, I only laught when I hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm waiting for your books "Mario Bross Philosophy" ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete